Monday, May 26, 2008

change is in the wind

We have immensely enjoyed our move to Granbury – I can’t believe it’s already been more than 2 years since we’ve left Dallas and moved back to my hometown! Dave has loved the past year working as a pastor for our church and has finally stopped asking what he is going to do when he grows up. I have also loved working with Dave on staff part time and spending lots of time with kids and our wonderful friends here.

However – God has been working on us for several months (and really several years) and it is finally time to answer the next call. We are moving to Austin at the end of June! Dave accepted a job as a pastor at Austin Stone Community Church and will be working with my brother-in-law Kevin, college friend Matt, and lots of other amazing people on staff there. He is really excited about his role – which will be very similar to the operational and directional leadership roles he is doing here in Granbury at StoneWater.

As He always does, God is just putting all the pieces into place one by one. Anna will be in the same preschool class with my niece Ellie and we are planning to send Daniel to Kindergarten at a wonderful school in SW Austin. We went house shopping on Saturday; started at 9am and had an accepted offer on a beautiful home by 6pm that day! It’s a beautiful home and is one street down from my sister in a really great community with a pool, parks, and a golf course! Our wonderful home in Granbury is on the market and we are just waiting for our buyer to come see their new home any day!

We are truly going to miss this wonderful place. We love our home with open space all around, a great driveway for bike and big wheel riding, a creek for throwing rocks, a shady swing, and the river just a few yards away. We love being down the road from Grammie and Poppa Ray and their backyard river, fire pit, trampoline, and hot tub! God has blessed us with unbelievable coworkers and friends; my eyes well up with tears when I think about not getting to see them at church, at the park, at the office, and yes, at the local Wal-Mart! This place will always hold a special place in our lives and we would love for God to bring us back some day.


Our new home!

6 comments:

js said...

That's awesome! Can't wait to see inside. Are you getting excited?

js said...

ok- you made me cry. We will miss you all so much!

JT said...

I love the house! I am so happy for you guys that things are falling into place. I am so happy for you and your family!

Unknown said...

How awesome! I guess Wes has known for a while, but no one bothered to tell me. I can't wait to have you guys living in Austin. Let the Stewmondi's reunite! It will be so cool to have our kids grow up together just like you guys did.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful home. Congrats to you. Gene would love to live in Austin. It will be fun to be by your sister. (By the way did she say if she got the lotion and stuff I mailed her? I thought it was strange I never heard anything...)

carridawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Brian and I are really excited for y'all! Best wishes on the new adventure. Even if you do have to live in tu land ;)
We found your blog thru some people, and have enjoyed keeping up with y'all thru it. Know that we send y'all lots of love!
Miss y'all!
love,
the moores
ps - we are in KS now - at least we are getting closer to home :)