Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back in the Garden

A long, long time ago, in a city far, far away, I developed a love for plants, flowers, and gardening. I still don't know a ton about it - just enough to be dangerous. :) Then came babies!!


I recently came across a method called "Square Food Gardening" and decided it was time to get back in the dirt. My sweet and handy hubby helped build the planter/box and I soon had every square filled! We are growing tomatoes, bell peppers (two varieties), habanero peppers (they were out of jalapeno - be wary of our homemade salsa!), lettuce, and a bunch of herbs - parsley, cilantro, thyme, and basil. The kids each planted a sunflower seed - and they have already sprouted! And if you look closely, we have already have a bell pepper already on the way!!
























2 comments:

Unknown said...

You just inspired me. Doug was going to get me some herbs for mother's day and I convinced him that we needed to make one of these. :)

Unknown said...

That's fantastic! I always complain that I want a garden but don't have room...no excuses now!