Saturday, August 2, 2008

House Guests!

The Barrettworld Resort is now open for business! Last weekend, we hosted my parents (aka Grammie and Papa Ray) AND Belle, the infamous white lab. We had a great time with them, complete with date night with my sister & Kevin and friends Angela & Halim. We managed to cram our big egos into a friend's mini-van so we could all ride in style. I think Kevin just wanted to save money on gas, but it sure was convienent!

This week my fried Jen and her 4 kids joined us! All of the kids really play well together, so it was a blast for all of us! Here are Madison & Anna, who took turns doing each other's hair:
















I borrowed my sisters huge inflatable water slide, which the kids loved!

















We also spent time at the Shadowglen pool, where big boy Caleb (5) went down one of the big waterslides!!

















We also had a great dinner at Phil's Ice House (followed, of course, with Amy's Ice Cream with rainbow sprinkles) and the mandatory superfun lunch at Chick-fil-A. Superdave helped too - here he is reading to the kids:



The first night of trying to settle all the kids down was a little rough (especially for Jen, who ended up with all 4 of her kids in one room). Here are the precious non-sleepers:
The next day we played them hard and didn't give naps, so they passed out much earlier!! Jen & I even got to have one of our famous "planning" sessions! We get some ideas going, but end up having a great time in the process. Here is one of our prize-winning collaborations from our women's retreat:





Can't wait for them to visit again!!















Guest room is vacant...now taking reservations!!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

ME ME ME ME ME!!! When can I come??!! :)

Eric and Ashley Wilkins said...

HAHAHA I loved it! The Barrett bed and breakfast. We will be arriving sometime this month. lol! I'm so glad you got to spend time with the Sprayburgers (Eric's name for the beautiful Sprayberry family). I wish we could really come hang out with you guys. Miss you tons.