Friday, October 10, 2008

Granbury fun

Last weekend, my sister and I trucked the kids up for a visit to G-town. It was definitely a contest as to who was more excited - the grandparents or the grandkids. We all had a lot of fun and left our hubbies to get some work done in peace and quiet. We had a blast celebrating Papa Ray's birthday!!

My sister put together a fantastic slideshow - take a peek!

http://kevinandleslie.blogspot.com/2008/10/little-slideshow-from-our-trip-to.html

I brought the kids back for more fun this weekend. Mom & Dad are playing with kids while I spend a little time at Hockaday, helping my friend while she is on maternity leave. It's so fun to go back there, especially now that it's been more than 5 years since I left full-time employment. I love to catch up with my old friends and meet all the new ones. However, I'm very aware of the fact that I can no longer sit at the computer and "crank" all day like I used to! It feels more like my college study days - work for 20 minutes, break, work for 10, break, then time for lunch! Probably why Dave would never study with me in college! He was a serious study-er!!

So, that's it for my work break, back to the numbers!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

:) That makes me smile on so many levels. :) Our flight, I just discovered, leaves here at 6:45pm, so I won't be in Dallas until 9pm. I'm so sad that we're going to miss each other. :( We'll have to plan better next time...Or find another way somehow..

JT said...

This friend thinks you crank JUST FINE! I am so thankful you are helping me while I am out. YEAH! The things you remember after 5 years is astonishing! I forget more than you!

js said...

You are a cranker- even during your slow phase, you're still a cranker. It was so great to see you!!! Thanks for the great talk. Sorry we didn't get to see the kiddos. Hey Lisa is coming to town- can we all connect one night? Maybe she and I can drive part way and meet you.