Sunday, June 29, 2008

Moving Day Eve

The movers are scheduled to come tomorrow morning - I can't believe it is finally here! We had a wonderful weekend with family and friends and lots of good time to enjoy all that God has blessed us with here. Here are a couple of typical scenes during the season of packing here:























I've been feeling a bit nostalgic as I prepare to once again leave my hometown. Here are just a few of the things that make Granbury special (in no particular order):


(sorry - no picture) - Papa Ray & Grammie's house. Free babysitting, need I say more?! Better than cable! And always had snacks!!


Jen's mobile party unit. Without a doubt, when the silver sequoia was there, you knew there would be a party! Always kid friendly and ready for any minor emergency!!

















Brawner Intermediate School, aka StoneWater Church! I'm still amazed at the transformation that we make weekly. I'm more amazed when I think about the transformation done in people's lives each week that can't be seen - thanks to the ministry done through the members and leaders there. Sounds cheesy and churchy, but it is 100% true. Happened to me!
















Best chicken enchiladas in town are at Mi Familia! Great sopapillas too!




















One of our first things we did after we moved to Granbury was attend a StoneWater service at the Driftwood Theater. I vividly remember meeting people in the lobby and talking with Jeremy and Joey on the front steps. We also met here before we left on a 10 day mission trip to Mexico.
















Kid friendly and FREE - the Hood County Library. Daniel and Anna LOVE this place! They even have Captain Underpants and Backyardigans books here!














During the week, the magic happens here at the church office! I still remember getting nervous and excited for my very first staff meeting, which was then held at Jeremy's house. We graduated to our first office within a year and outgrew that one quickly (my office was also the break room). We moved into our current location, after a quick cosmetic makeover (thanks Heather!), and have loved our wonderful space. My kids enjoyed this place too! Daniel has discovered he shares his daddy's love for the white board!




















This place is a God-send! A grocery store INSIDE our housing development! The prices were a little higher and the selection was a bit limited , but the service was unbeatable. The checker would see me coming with 2 kids and a basket full of food and call for carry out! And they really did bag all my stuff and carry it to the car for me. Small town luxury, for sure! Don't you love the golf cart, too? :)














Last but not least, one of the best things to hit Granbury is Starbucks! You'll notice the lights are off and the furniture is chained up. My dear accountability partners and I saw this scene too many times!! Lots of fun and meaningful conversations were had in and around this place. :)

5 comments:

js said...

Oh my dear friend, the time has come hasn't it. I can't wait to see your new stomping grounds on the other end. This stomping ground will always be here for you and we can't wait for your visits. Love you friend. Miss you already!!!!

js said...

By the way, the silver party machine is going to miss being parked in your driveway!

Higgins Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Higgins Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Higgins Family said...

Suzanne, I really messed up your comments here. I typed up one but the name it gave me was strange so then I deleted it, but now you don't have what I originally wrote. I said how much I loved reading about you and Jen and your cherished friendship on both of your blogs. And also, how much you did for us getting us into a lifegroup where we met some of our great friends we have today. Thank you!