Thursday, July 17, 2008

A day with 4 kids!





While my sister is gone on a mission trip, I'm helping take care of my 2 beautiful nieces. Ellie (3) plays really well with my 2, so it's a blast!! Halle is 10 months and is one of the happiest babies on the planet. Leslie did a great job lining up help, meals, carpool to get Ellie to school, etc. On Monday, it was just the 4 kids and me! I needed to drop off a form at Daniel's school (guilty of procrastination!), so I loaded up the gang and set out. Daniel told me it was his lucky day, because he got to sit in the front seat while the girls took the back. We found that our school commute is going to be around 40 minutes - praise the Lord that we only go twice a week! We made it there safely, dropped off the forms, said hi and made introductions and headed out. We quickly made it to Barton Creek Mall, for some chick-fil-a and playscape (so I thought). We had a great lunch, successful potty break, and set off to play. I quickly figured out that playscapes are not mandatory at Austin-area malls like they are in Dallas/Ft. Worth! We made it down to Nordstrom's, where they had a Nemo/Marlin/Dorrie aquarium in the kid shoe department, then walked through Build-a-Bear, and made a final stop at the candy store. We loaded up and headed home without major meltdowns, tantrums, or scenes!! We had a great time. :)

1 comment:

js said...

See how easy it is with 4? You and Dave may need a couple more! You're such a good mom and aunt.