Friday, July 18, 2008

you might be getting old when...

... the arrival of this baby is one of the highlights of my week! Moving to a new house has meant lots of new purchases - but a new washer was definitely not in the plan, or the budget! My old washer (which was generously donated to us by my parents when we got married 10 years ago and was well used at that time) had a small leak in Granbury. By the time it arrived in Austin, the small leak turned into a HUGE one! Nothing like breaking in your new house with a watery mess. :) AND if you are familiar with how my husband works, there was some serious washer research going on: best brands, front load vs top load, cycle features, energy savers....you get the picture. We finally found a good match and ordered through a good friend with a great discount! The first washer arrived Tuesday, but had a huge dent on the front. Sadly, I watched them haul it back on the truck and took another couple of loads over to my sisters house. It felt like the old college days!! Finally, the delivery guys called this morning at 6:20am!! We were the first delivery on the list and by 7:30, it was hooked up and ready to go!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! You are having too much fun. I decided I was old when I was trying on skirt swim bottoms at Bealls yesterday before I made an appearance in swimsuit at a staff swim party. Yikes!

js said...

I can't believe you made it this long without a washer. You are a super mom! I'm so glad it arrived.